An award? For me? How exciting! I’ve not been around in the blogosphere for long, so it’s kinda amazing to think that there are people out there who have either read my content or seen me about on social media.
So thank you to Sherry over at Kits and Vixen for the nomination! Please do go check out her blog, it’s a great read 🙂
My first question, as I’m sure is yours: What is the Mystery Blogger Award? Well, it’s a chance for bloggers to get to know one another, and for readers to find out more about that blogger too! It was created by the lovely Okoto Enigma.
—- The Rules —-
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award & provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each nominee by commenting on their blog.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
Three things about me:
- I don’t like fruit, or many vegetables. (But I’ll eat and drink fruit flavoured things?!)
- I’m a pretty darn good cup of tea maker.
- I once auditioned for The X Factor with my sisters. (ha!)
Sherry’s Five Questions:
How do you spend your free time?
Free time? What’s that? haha, with two kids free time doesn’t come round too often! It’s usually spent tidying the house, but when they’re in bed I like to trawl through social media, work on my blog or play World of Warcraft…heh…
What is your favourite book and why?
That’s pretty tough. I was once a massive bookworm! There are so many I love, picking one is just so hard! Of course Harry Potter is close to my heart (as I’m sure it is with many!) But I’d have to say my favourite book is Alice in Wonderland. I’ve loved it ever since I was little, it was my first “proper” hardback book. (Harry Potter is an extremely close 2nd though.)
Who has had the biggest influence on your life?
Hmm, I can’t say I’ve ever really thought about it to be honest. I guess I’d say my mum and dad! Watching them bring up 5 kids and work full time, as well as making sure we could all participate in clubs/school trips/days out and still make time for each of us individually and keep the house looking spick and span, or fixing the punctures in our bike tyres. I aspire to be the parent my parents are to me.
What piece of advice would you give to someone else?
It’s the up-and-coming thing to tell people to do what makes them happy, and to not give a flying f*** what other people think. But sometimes it’s not that easy to just switch off our fear of judgement from others. So my advice to someone else would be to think of the wider picture. Don’t put off doing something for fear of judgement from others. With 7 billion people (And rising) on this planet, and for the sake of being in someone’s thoughts/mind for a fleeting moment, is it worth not doing what you want because you’re worried someone will judge you on it?
What is your favourite quote?
“Don’t put off tomorrow, what you can do today” – Benjamin Franklin (according to google!) It’s a quote I was often told by my mum – mainly during exam periods when I wasn’t studying, or when my room needed tidying… And now being a mum and a housewife, I repeat it in my head like a mantra to encourage myself to tidy up and not let clutter and mess build up! It’s not working, but the thought is there.
My Five Questions to You!
- What made you decide to get into blogging – and what’s kept you going?
- What three things couldn’t you live without and why?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- What and where would your dream holiday be?
- Pizza Hut or Dominos?
My best/favourite post: From ‘Becky’ to ‘Mummy.’ My story on becoming a Step-mum 🙂
Thanks for reading! I can’t wait to find out more about you all! 😀